BEACH TRAIL RIDES
Come along for a day of fun with a Byron Bay horse riding experience alongside safe, accredited horse riding instructors riding on beautiful, secluded South Ballina Beach. Choose either 1.5 or 2 hour and Couples Beach Rides (max. 2 riders), or a Group Beach Ride (max. 6 riders). Enjoy the pristine natural beauty of the Byron Bay area's South Ballina Beach on horseback. After the ride, guests are invited to enjoy complimentary refreshments and nibbles. Beach rides operate 7 days per week, so book now for a time and day that matches the special occasion you are looking for!
- » Voucher instantly emailed
- » Print out your voucher
- » Present voucher at attraction
|Couples Beach Ride|
|Mon - Fri 1.5hrs per person||AUD $120.00|
|Mon - Fri 2hrs per person||AUD $140.00|
|Weekends & Public Holidays 1.5 hrs per person||AUD $145.00|
|Weekends & Public Holidays 2 hrs per person||AUD $165.00|
|Group Beach Ride|
|Mon - Fri 1.5hrs per person||AUD $90.00|
|Mon - Fri 2hrs per person||AUD $110.00|
|Weekends & Public Holidays 1.5 hrs per person||AUD $115.00|
|Weekends & Public Holidays 2 hrs per person||AUD $135.00|
Our guided beach trail rides are conducted on beautiful South Ballina Beach just 800 meters from the ranch.
South Ballina Beach is a rare find on our fast developing coastline.
During off-peak season the beach is virtually empty, no-one to be seen for miles, it’s very private.
During peak season (long-weekends & school holidays) you will share the beach with just a small number of holidaying fisherman searching for that special spot on the beach likely to return a fish or two, but still quite private.
- Refreshment and nibbles after the ride.
- We supply helmets and riding boots, but please wear long pants, bring a baseball cap (if you have one) and socks.
Times and Location
Our beach rides operate 7 days per week according to customer demand.
Actual ride times will vary with the timing of low tide.
249 Moylans Lane, Empire Vale (South Ballina) NSW
What to wear & bring
- We will provide you with a helmet and riding boots. Bring long pants and socks.
- Bring a baseball cap to wear underneath your helmet, otherwise we can provide you with a hair-net for hygiene.
- We recommend you apply sunscreen and wear sunglasses as exposure to sun can be a concern.
- If the weather is cold or threatening to rain please bring appropriate clothing which we can tie onto saddles if not needed. * We do not supply rain gear. You may want to bring a change of clothes and beach towel in case you get wet.
- Loose jewelry which may become tangled in the reins should be left in your vehicle or at home.
- Cameras should be safely secured in some type of waist bag
Terms and Conditions
- Prior to leaving the saddling area all riders MUST demonstrate an ability to independantly mount, dismount, and control their horse.
- All riders MUST sign an Application to Ride. Riders under 18 years MUST have a parent/guardian sign the application.
- All riders MUST wear long pants.
- Maximum weight is 95kg.
- Minimum age is 10 years. Children under 16 years MUST be accompanied on the ride by a parent or guardian.
- Group rides are restricted to a maximum of 6 riders.
- All rides are conducted at the level of the least experienced rider on the ride.
- Uncontrolled riding is NOT permitted.
- Should you arrive late for your beach ride we may be forced to reduce the duration of your beach ride so following groups are not impacted.
- Rides will commence unless there's a downpour or storm. Once rides begin we continue at rider(s) or guide’s option. *
- Sorry, no refunds for poor weather rides.
- Min. age: 10 years, kinds under this age must be accompanied by an adult.
- Max. weight: 95kg.
- Max. height: 190cm.
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the tour
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher